Irrespective of whether you have a minor or serious criminal charge or charges, I am available to discuss your case in a confidential conference and to guide you on how best to deal with the matter.
General Area of Practice
We provide legal services in a vast area of the criminal law. As such, as part of our practice, in New South Wales, we attend the Local Court, District Court and the Supreme Court.
Below you will find a brief introduction to some of the legal services we provide:
- Apprehended Domestic Violence Order (“ADVO”) and Apprehended Personal Violence Orders (“APVO”) including any allegations of breaches of such orders. We provide advice in relation to various type of orders and their duration (Interim Order, Final Order), procedures that are required to be followed in the Local Court in terms of case management and hearing procedures. We also provide legal representation to proceedings in the Children’s Court when the defendant is a child under the age of 18 years. We attend to Children’s Courts in regional and metropolitan area;
- Bail Applications and Bail Reviews (Please note that the Bail Amendment Act 2014 commenced on 28 January 2015 and amends the Bail Act 2013 in some important areas). The amending Act provides for a new test for the Court to consider when bail decisions are made. In particular, for certain type of offences which pose significant risk to the community or the administration of justice, the Act requires for the accused to “show cause” why their detention is not justifiable. This new requirement is in addition to the “unacceptable risk test” . We provide legal services as to Bail Applications, Breach of Bail allegations, Application to Change or Vary of Condition(s) of Bail, change of Surety and Failure to Appear to Court (in breach of existing bail conditions);
- Committal Proceedings (including committal hearing) and Defended Hearings;
- Jury Trials or a Trial by Judge alone;
- Forensic Procedure Application under the Crimes (Forensic Procedure) Act 2002 (NSW) – either Interim Order or Final Order in the Local Court, the Supreme Court and to the Childres’s Court. We provide representation in respect to applications by police for fingerprints, photographs and DNA. There are time limits for carrying out forensic procedures depending on the status of the suspect and the source of the authority to carry out such procedures.
- Mental Health Applications under the Mental Health (Forensic Provisions) Act 1990 in the Local Court for persons with mental health disorders and intellectual disability or for persons suffering from a mental illness within the meaning of Mental Health Act 2007;
- Interlocutory Applications, No Bill Submissions, Costs Applications;
- Sentence Proceedings including advice as to voluntarily enrolment into Magistrates Early Referral into Treatment (“MERIT”), the Traffic Offenders Program (TOP) or Mandatory Interlock Orders;
- Trials in the District Court or the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
Specific examples of offences for which we provide legal representation when dealing with various authorities related to your matter
- Assault (Common Assault, Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm (“AOABH”), Causing Grievous Bodily Harm (“GBH”) reckless or intentional, Assault Police Officer In Execution of Duty including Resist Arrest), Aggravated Assault, Affray, Riot, Sexual Assault, Indecent Assault, Domestic Violence related assault(s);
- Break, enter and steal including illegal use of motor vehicle (joy riding, car stealing);
- Computer Offences (possession of data with intent to commit a serious computer offence, supplying data with intent, unauthorised access of restricted data, unauthorised impairment of electronic communication to or from a computer, unauthorised modification of data);
- Drug offences, including offences involving Cannabis, Cocaine, Ecstasy, GHB, Heroin, Ice, Speed, Marijuana, MDMA, Methamphetamine, all prohibited steroids, narcotics and precursors in relation to the Importation of Border Controlled Drugs, Supply or Ongoing Supply of Trafficable, Commercial or Large Commercial Quantity of such drugs or steroids, Manufacture of prohibited drugs, Possess drugs, Possession of Precursors for Manufacture, Offences related to Cultivate, Trafficking and Self administer;
- Firearms and Weapons including unregistered and unlicensed firearms;
- Fraud (Centrelink Fraud, Credit Card Fraud, Fraudulent Documents, Embezzlement, Identity Fraud, Obtain Benefit/Advantage by Deception, Possess identity info to commit indictable offence, Possess/Use false document to obtain property;
- Goods in Custody (Persons unlawfully in possession of property);
- Offensive Conduct and Offensive Language;
- Proceeds of Crime (Dealing in Proceeds of Crime, Freezing Orders, Asset Recovery Proceedings, Money Laundering, Proceeds Assessment Order, Asset Forfeiture, Asset Confiscation)
- Theft offences – Larceny and similar type of stealing offences;
- All offences of Prescribed Concentration of Alcohol (“PCA”) – Novice Range Drink Driving, Special Range Drink Driving, High Range Drink Driving, Medium Range Drink Driving, Low Range Drink Driving, Refuse Breath Analysis;
- Other Traffic Offences -Dangerous Driving, Drug Driving, Driving Under The Influence(“DUI”), License Disqualification Appeals, Disobey Signal or Sign, Heavy Vehicles Offences (Driver Fatigue, Notices to Produce, Speed Limiters, Mass Overload, Dimension Limits), Quashing Habitual Offender Declaration, Section 10 applications, Speed Cameras, Red Light Cameras, Negligent or Reckless Driving Causing Injury, Unlicensed Driver, Cancelled Driver License.
Call 0401418036 to find out more or to arrange an appointment to discuss your case with Cristian-Florin Vulpeanu, an experienced Sydney criminal lawyer.